Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grades Aren't Everything

Sorry guys, it's been a long time since I last posted, but I'm back again!  This one is short and sweet.  Look, even though having good grades is a great booster to getting into a good school, there is something even more important: your test scores.  If you apply to somewhere like Duke, and have all A's and B's, but your ACT score is a 22, sorry, but there is a very minimal chance of you getting into the college.  Why?  Because, when you are in school, you can cheat like crazy.  I knew a girl at my school.  She was ranked #4 out of everyone in my senior class, but she got there by cheating off her friends.  And when it came time for everyone to start thinking about colleges, lo and behold, her test scores were horrible.  She went to the local tech college, because that was pretty much her only option after that.  Even there, though, she flunked out.  I guess this is me saying don't cheat as well, because you don't have a real chance to do that in college, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment